Outside Plant Technician
Every business has their own unique DNA and culture. We believe your communication systems need to be as unique as your business.
DNA Communications is the longest running telecommunications provider in the DeKalb/Ogle County areas. We provide DSL Services up to 200 megabits per second, telecom services, an array of voice services, various managed infrastructure services, and are beginning the construction of our fiber network. Due to our growth in both existing and new services, we are looking to hire a sales representative to join the DNA Communications team. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, DNA Communications is a perfect place to grow your career. Apply now!
- Install, repair, and test fiber cable in a variety of environments (underground, indoor, aerial)
- Terminate cable utilizing a variety of connectors
- Perform testing using appropriate tools, such as VFLs, OTDRs, etc.
- Documentation of the testing results
- Splice cables, per documentation provided
- Work well with others
- Coordinate with customers when customer visits are required
- Inspect other OSP-related activities to verify they meet company standards
- Computer and smartphone literacy
- Relevant experience in outside plant construction
- Fusion splicing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of fiber counts and colors
- Self-sufficient problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Base compensation varies based on qualifications
- Strong health insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- Full time, salaried position with some time of day flexibility
- Most work will be performed during regular business hours, but you will be on-call for emergencies